How to restore the folder name "wp-content"

Keywords: WordPress - OS X - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
Hi there! I have changed the name of the “WP-CONTENT” folder to “WP-CONTENT-” and when I did this, another folder was created automatically with the name “wp-content” but inside only a folder called “uploads” appears and now I can’t remove this folder or restore the previous folder to its original name, so I can’t work on my wordpress. How can I restore all of this?

Hello @fotosparamodelos,

I would firstly recommend reaching out to WordPress official support in their forum as they may have a better solution for this, but you can give a try to the following instructions.

Before doing the following changes, please stop your services so we avoid WordPress generation of new files:

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop

You can try changing WP’s configuration so it uses the renamed folder as explained in the official documentation.

Another option would be to rename the folders so you keep using the original one and merge the new folder’s content with it. Before doing this, I recommend doing a copy of both of your uploads folders. The commands to rename and merge the folders would be:

sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/wp-content /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/wp-content.backup
sudo mv /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/wp-content- /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/wp-content
sudo rsync -a /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/wp-content.backup/uploads /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/wp-content/uploads

After that, start your services:

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start

Regards,
Francisco de Paz