How to redirect url with IP to url with domain

Keywords: Redmine - Windows - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
Description:
Hello,

as I am new I am not able to put more than 2 links in a post so I hope it will be clear enough (How to make life harder for people to explain their problem!!!)

I have installed Redmine server and everything seems to work fine except one thing.
I could not find the way to prevent the server to be reached using the public IP address or redirect it properly to the domain.

I set some redirection in the virtualhost config so any redmine.mydomain connection are redirected to redmine.mydomain/redmine (with ssl)

If the connection is http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it could be redirected to redmine.mydomain/redmine (with ssl)

Any xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (with ssl) connection is redirected with a security warning redmine.mydomain/redmine (with ssl)

And xxx.xxx.xxx/redmine/login (with ssl) could not redirected and I do not how to do it

Any help will be highly appreciate
Regards
David

Hello @David.T,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.