If you want to use a newer version of Solr, this is the only change I did into my instance.
if [ -z "$SOLRHEAP" ] && [ -n "$SOLR_JAVA_MEM" ]; then_
Then I restarted the services with:
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
And in the ninterface of Solr I saw the correct configuration.
For older versions of Solr, like 5.1 you can modify the script used to launch Solr and add the
-m parameter, there is a similar case here:
However, that workaround is for Linux machines, in Windows you will have to modify the
If upgrading to a newer version it's not a problem, I would go with the newer one, as currently it's quite hard to find good documentation for older versions of Solr.
Please, do not hesitate on asking us if you do not understand something clearly.
Hope this helps you.