How to change ip address to dhcp

Keywords: Apache Guacamole - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other

bnsupport ID: 16e6e085-dc52-c182-fec6-acdcf7c61179

bndiagnostic output:

? Connectivity: Found possible issues
? Resources: Found possible issues
? Apache: Found possible issues
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/faq/administration/use-firewall/
https://docs.bitnami.com/general/apps/wordpress/troubleshooting/debug-errors-apache/

bndiagnostic failure reason: The suggested guides are not related with my issue

Description:
Installed Bitnami Guacamole VM. It received an IP address 10.0.1.108 which didn’t come from DHCP server. Installed a second VM instance and also got the same IP address. Looks to be hardcorded somewhere in bitnami. How do I get this VMs to use our dhcp and options.

Hi @nikk

Thanks for using Bitnami Apache Guacamole!

Installed Bitnami Guacamole VM. It received an IP address 10.0.1.108 which didn’t come from DHCP server.

It all depends on the type of Network Adapter you have configured in your Virtual Machine. By default, the type is usually set to bridge. With this type, your virtual machine will be assigned its own IP as if it were a real, physical machine in the network. Hence, if the network has a DHCP, the virtual network adapter should be configured by it.

As an example, this is the IP my own personal computer is assigned in my network:

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 10.11.44

Now, take a look at my Apache Guacamole VM running in Bridge Mode:

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 10.11.54

As you can see, they both have assigned different IPs (the DHCP service configured them, not me), within the same subnet. In fact, changing networks does also result in a new reassignment of the address, so no static IP is set.

As I think this might be related to the Virtualization program you are using (and its configuration), I’d recommend you reach out to the specific support community for it.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart: