How do I upgrade Akeneo PIM on Bitnami

Keywords: Akeneo - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Upgrade

Description:
I’m on version 5.0.40 and would like to keep the PIM up to date with the latest 5.0.42. I followed the instructions in the Akeneo docs but they don’t appear to be working correctly.

https://docs.akeneo.com/5.0/migrate_pim/apply_patch/apply_patch_ce.html

When running yarn run webpack i get errors saying Cant resolve akeneo-design-system and the front end shows a 500 error. I’ve had to resort to deleting the VM and starting again.

Is there a way to upgrade Akeneo on Bitnami for next time?

Hi @nat

Thanks for using Bitnami Akeneo!

When running yarn run webpack i get errors saying Cant resolve akeneo-design-system and the front end shows a 500 error. I’ve had to resort to deleting the VM and starting again.

The upstream guide indicates this:

“If you get a 500 error after upgrading, and clear cache isn’t working, try to clear the apc cache with a php script or restart Apache/Web server.”

Maybe some of the cache files were causing the issue. Also, it would have been a good idea to try to install that package (e.g. yarn add akeneo-design-system), but I’d reach out to the official developers if it didn’t work.

Is there a way to upgrade Akeneo on Bitnami for next time?

You can try to follow the official guide that Akeneo itself seems to publish (like this time). The way we recommend for upgrading Akaneo is to perform a backup of your files and create a new instance running the latest version. This way, not only will you be able to benefit from the most recent version of Akeneo itself, but other components of the stack (like PHP or the DB) are also usually updated and tested to work together.

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.