How do I recover my WP user and password without a registered email account

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?: WORD PRESS 5.5.3

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): macOS

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: I Installed Elentor and elemantor headers and footers

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results): I need a new username and password without an email account backup

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant): im a noob, i know nothing about programing language

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE

Hi @hrhyeah,

Thanks for using Bitnami. By default, you can’t create a user without email.
To reset the password of the administrator you can follow this guide https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/wordpress/administration/reset-wp-admin-password/

I hope that helps you,
Ibone.

HI Ibone.
Thank for your quick response unfortunately I’m still not able to solve this pickle, please correct me if i’m wrong…
i open terminal, and paste this code line
mysql -u root -p bitnami_wordpress -e "SELECT * FROM wp_users;"
after doing so it apears a
Enter password:
at this point no filling is permitted…
I tried replacing the info with the second line of code like this
mysql -u root -p bitnami_wordpress -e "UPDATE wp_users SET user_pass=MD5(‘Puta1981Mierda’) WHERE ID=‘hrhyeah’;”
but nothing seems to happen… I feel like im guessing and i don’t understand nothing.
I’m really sorry, if i’m wasting your time with such a lame problem.
Is there any way that i can reset the and erase everything and just reinstall the bitnami local server, i no longer care about the project if i lose the files. I tried this before but the server seems to be hooked with my unknown password and nonexistent user name…

Hi @hrhyeah,

Could you try to access your database?

mysql -u root -p

https://docs.bitnami.com/ibm/faq/get-started/find-credentials/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.