How do I Forward Ports to Make My Website Public?

Keywords: General - Bitnami Cloud Hosting - How to - Other

Description:
Hello,

I am working on hosting my first website and need support with making it public. As of now, I have my domain name configured and can access my website on my computer through the domain name. However, I cannot access it on other devices.

Online I heard the only solution to this issue is to forward the ports via WLAN settings for your Wi-Fi router. Unfortunately, this did not work even with double checking and refreshing the ports (changing both the ports on the server and router forward ports settings to double-check). I contacted both my domain name provider and internet service. They refused to provide me a solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S.: I have dug very deep into the code logs, so if you need to know any specific information on the issue, let me know.

Hi @thecoolgeek,

Are you planning to host a website from your home or office? If not I recommend using a hosting service like AWS or Google.

Regards,
Michiel

Thank you for the reply :smiley:

I want to host my website and make it public from my home server that I have on my computer using Apache WAMP from Bitnami.

Hi @thecoolgeek,

I’m afraid that’s beyond the scope of this forum. However, I found the following article that could help you further:

https://lifehacker.com/geek-to-live-how-to-access-a-home-server-behind-a-rout-127276

Regards,
Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.