Keywords: Joomla - OS X Installer - How to - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
A couple of weeks ago I migrated my live website from http to https. The website works fine. The website runs on the latest version of joomla.
Now I want to create a local copy of my live website to do some testing.
Here are the steps I have taken:
- Install the newest Bitnami Stack for Joomla on my local machine
- Create a backup of my live site with Akeeba
- Copy the jpa file (akeeba backup) and the kickstart.php file to the 'htdocs' folder of the local joomla installation.
- Open webbrowser and go to address: localhost:8080/administrator/kickstart.php
- Follow the kickstart install procedure
- When I get to the clean up, I click on the green button "go to my backend" or "got to my front end".
- The browser tells me:
"This site can’t provide a secure connection
localhost sent an invalid response.
Try running Network Diagnostics.
I have spend several hours searching for some guidance on this issue. I tried to follow the steps in this guide (chapter “How To Enable HTTPS Support With SSL Certificates?”). The problem is that the certificate files I have (for my live website) are all with the extension “.crt" or ".cer". I cannot find a “.key” file.
I have four files.
I am completely lost now.