Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
I have been having trouble to get https running on my Lamp Stack for days now.
My last attempt steps are here:
1. Created a new Instance
2. Setup DNS for 3 subdomains pointing to the new instance IP
3. Define all the subdomains in /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
4. Enable Vhosts in /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
5. Restarted the services: /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart
So far all good. All subdomains and webroots mapped perfectly!
- Enable port 443 in Google Instance Firewall.
- Run: sudo /opt/bitnami/bncert-tool
Provided the subdomains to create certificates for and let it run its standard process, 'Y' to all options.
Now, i can still visit everything via http, but https give me:
Google Chrome: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Command line curl: curl: (35) error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
I have tried both cases: redirect non-www to www and no redirections. Attempted on 2 different instances to avoid any leftover configs to affect the setup.
Have searched endlessly on the forums to no avail yet.
I am starting to feel like i maybe missing a setup step somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?