Granting FTP access

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - How to - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
I provided FTP access info to plugin developer; however, they found not connect. I provided the same credentials and info that I use to login with Filezilla. Not sure how to grant them access. HELP, please!!!

Hi @pfworks,

Can you give us more information about your issue? How did you provide access to your server? I understand you shared your private SSH key with them, is that correct? If that’s the case, please note it can lead you to a security issue, as SSH private keys shouldn’t be shared.

Apart from that, what is the error message they are getting? Do you know if you have restricted remote connections using SSH to any specific IP address using the AWS console firewall?

We have a guide on how to provide access to a thirdparty developer. Can you check it?

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/faq/administration/provide-additional-ssh-access/

Thanks for the assist. I was able to setup key successfully based on instructions. However, the Developer needing access cannot. Any ideas?

Hi @pfworks,

We would need to get some more information to help you. Can you check the questions I added in my previous reply?

Greetings,

I’m not sure if I actually shared my private SSH key with the Developer the first time. However, I followed the directions from the link you provided. Everything appeared successful; nonetheless, the Developer repeatedly advised that I needed to provide the correct host name. ??? I had provided the IP Address which is what I use as the host name in FileZilla.

I’m not sure if I have restricted remote connections using SSH to any specific IP address using the AWS console firewall. I don’t recall setting anything up! By the way, I’m behind a Sucuri firewall which provides a different IP address in my DNS. Could that be the issue? ???

Thanks for you help!

Hi @pfworks,

Everything appeared successful; nonetheless, the Developer repeatedly advised that I needed to provide the correct host name. ??? I had provided the IP Address which is what I use as the host name in FileZilla.

If you use the IP address and you don’t have any filter in your AWS firewall, they should be able to reach your server as well.

I’m behind a Sucuri firewall which provides a different IP address in my DNS

Can be. Can you try to disable it and check if the developer can access it?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.