Got my MEAN hard drive expanded

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?: bitnami-meanstack-4.0.22-0-linux-debian-9-x86_64

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX): VMWare Fusion 8.5.6

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?: To get the sample express app working, I had to edit the /etc/network/interfaces.d/setup file to replace “eth0” with “ens32”. Then, in order to connect to port 3000 from a browser on the same Mac, I had to enable ssh (sudo rm -f /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run && sudo systemctl enable ssh && sudo systemctl start ssh), to create a keyfile from my ssh private key (cp ~/.ssh/id_rsa ~/.ssh/bitnami.pem && chmod 600 ~/.ssh/bitnami.pem) and open an SSH tunnel in a terminal window on my mac: ‘ssh -N -L 3000:127.0.0.1:3000 -i ~/.ssh/bitnami.pem bitnami@192.168.0.112’. Then after installing the sample express app and running it (mkdir projects && cd projects && express sample && cd sample && nom install && ./bin/www) I was able to see the Express welcome page using http://127.0.0.1:3000

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results): I wanted to expand the disk size to 50GB. The instructions on the bitnami site were not helpful: I tried attaching an iso for Gparted to a CD drive, but the VM did not boot from it. I ended up doing something much simpler.

• expand the hard drive to 50Gb using the VMWare virtual machine hard disk settings

• install parted: ‘sudo apt-get install parted’

• run parted: ‘sudo parted’

• in the parted interface, ‘print’ to see that the partition I wanted to resize, /dev/sda1, was partition 1.

• then ‘resizepart’ to resize the partition. It prompted for number (1) and size (50000). Then ‘quit’ to exit.

• sudo resize2fs /dev/sda1 (to make df recognize the new partition size)

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE

Hi @mike.scholtes,

Thanks for using Bitnami. Can you give us more information about your issue? What are you trying to achieve? Did you find any error running the commands you posted?

Regards,
Gonzalo

My issue was that the documentation did not lead me through the steps I needed to take to expand my VM disk. It was non-trivial (for me), and I posted the steps I took just in case someone else might have the same issue. Also, maybe bitnami could spruce up the documentation.

Hi @mike.scholtes,

Thanks for the info. I will notify our Documentation team for them to review your steps and update our guide.

Best regards,
Gonzalo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.