Google Cloud Install Issue

Just installed resourcespace on google cloud. I check the installation check and the following issues are showing.

Write access to /plugins FAIL: /plugins folder not writable

FFmpeg Not installed

ExifTool FAIL:’/exiftool’ not found

Both of the above are needed

Thanks

Hi @orcastu,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will check it and work on fixing it.

Tomas

Hello,

Same thing for me.

It seems impossible to write on any folder of the application after the GoogleCloud install. I can’t even adjust rights permissions. I would like to modify global.css in this folder /opt/bitnami/apps/resourcespace/htdocs/css

Thanks

Hi @stephane_bezombes,

We establish read and write permissions for user bitnami and just read for user daemon by default as you can see:

/opt/bitnami/apps/resourcespace/htdocs$ ls -lh
total 72K
drwxr-xr-x  2 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 batch
drwxr-xr-x  4 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 css
drwxr-xr-x  2 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 dbstruct
drwxr-xr-x  3 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 documentation
drwxrwxr-x  2 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 filestore
drwxr-xr-x 10 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 gfx
drwxr-xr-x  2 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 iccprofiles
drwxrwxr-x  2 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:42 include
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bitnami daemon 2.4K Sep  9 17:00 index.php
drwxr-xr-x  2 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 languages
drwxr-xr-x 20 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 lib
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bitnami daemon   76 Oct 21  2008 license.txt
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bitnami daemon  11K Oct  9 15:23 login.php
drwxr-xr-x  9 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 pages
drwxr-xr-x 59 bitnami daemon 4.0K Jan 20 11:40 plugins
-rwxr-xr-x  1 bitnami daemon  338 Nov  4  2008 robots.txt

Could you be more specific about how are you trying to modify that file? If you are doing through FTP, you need to configure properly your FTP software. Please, take a look at this guide:

https://wiki.bitnami.com/Google_Cloud_Platform/Servers#How_to_upload_files_to_the_server_with_SFTP.3f

You can also do it via ssh. Just follow this guide:

https://wiki.bitnami.com/Google_Cloud_Platform/Servers#How_to_connect_to_the_server_through_SSH.3f

And edit the files using vim/nano…

Best regards,
Fernando

Hello Fernando, thanks for your answer. The problem is still the same for me either in ssh or sFTP. Sorry I am a newbie in cloud/unix installation.

It seems that bitnami daemon have rw authorisation and user bitnami only read.

I need the authorizations rights on resourcespace folder for changing css, images, php files. And for configuration of config.php page. The ability to download collections needs to be configured via the config.php page. You can make the change through your GoogleCloud engine by editing the PHP page said your support.

Thanks

(update)
Here is the screenshot of config installation. It seems that the app doesn’t have the rights to write in plugin and gfx folder as well…

Hi @stephane_bezombes,

Could you run these commands inside your server?

sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/resourcespace/htdocs/plugins/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \; 
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/resourcespace/htdocs/plugins/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

And for gfx/homeanim/gfx :

sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/resourcespace/htdocs/gfx/homeanim/gfx/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \; 
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/resourcespace/htdocs/gfx/homeanim/gfx/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

Let us know if it worked for you.

Best regards,
Fernando

Thanks @fer
Using sudo command the application have now the permission rights for writing in those folders.

I still have another issue. I don’t know if it is linked or if I have to start another topic. Thanks for your help anyways.
I can’t download the file of a collection. There is no link in the dropdown menu collection for downloading a group of media (see screenshot).

Thanks for your help, I appreciate.
Stephane

Hi @stephane_bezombes,

If click in one of you file, you should see a Download button (see attached screenshot).

Is it what you mean?