Getting Redmine started (SSH / SMTP)

Keywords: Redmine - Other - How to - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
Hello Community,

we are very low based with installing redmine and working with debian so we followed the instructions.
As first we converted the oca to a vhd to use it with the Hyper-V.
After that we changed the user credentials and started the web surface and created the first two users -> that worked fine

But now we don’t know what to do so we started with configuring ssh, but it doesn’t go further because after we created “redmine” and “redmine.pub” there was no “.ssh” folder. So there is no opportunity for us to move the files to “.ssh/authorized_keys”. Can you help us?

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi @m.schmid,

Thanks for using Bitnami. I understand you are using one of our virtual machines for Redmine. Is that correct? If that’s the case, please follow the next guide on how to enable SSH on it

https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/faq/get-started/enable-ssh/

If the .ssh directory doesn’t exist for the bitnami user, you can create it. You will need to create the authorized_keys file as well

mkdir /home/bitnami/.ssh

I tried it, but it doesnt work. Do you have any ideas?
Sorry for my issue.

Hi @m.schmid,

According to the output you shared, the directory already exists on your server. That’s fine. Now you need to include the content of the redmine.pub key into the /home/bitnami/.ssh/authorized_keys file. You can create it if it doesn’t exist yet.

Did you also have any chance to follow the steps in the guide I shared with you?

So I think copying the public file should be done.

How to copy the private file on the windows server outside?

And how to save the changes in the config file?
I’ve opened it with the vim command but i can’t save it. Can you help me with this two issues?

So we are not the debian experts, is there any way with self hosting and not using debian?

Hi @m.schmid,

Please find my comments in-line

How to copy the private file on the windows server outside?

Can you give us more information about what do you mean? I understand you created a new SSH key pair using our guide and you want to download it to your Windows machine, right? Unfortunately, as you don’t have any working SSH key yet, you will need to first connect via SSH using password authentication to download it, and then start using the key authentication method. Please check the next guide on how to connect using a password. We recommend you to connect using FileZilla (an SFTP client, to easily download the private SSH key). The steps are pretty similar to the guide for PuTTY

https://docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/faq/get-started/connect-ssh/#connect-with-an-ssh-client-on-windows-using-an-ssh-password

I’ve opened it with the vim command but i can’t save it. Can you help me with this two issues?

I’m sharing a quick guide about editing files using VIM in the next link, can you check it?

https://www.linux.com/training-tutorials/vim-101-beginners-guide-vim/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.