Getting issue-Couldn't obtain data or data is outdated (older than 2 hours)

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Getting the issue:- Couldn’t obtain data or data is outdated (older than 2 hours). Please update the Bitnami Support Tool to the latest version and run it again
I have updated to the latest version and run it again and still I am getting this issue. Kindly please check and let me know.

Hello @abhar115,

Then, share your support ID here and let me know about the issues you are facing. We will investigate which could be the error.

Regards

Support Id:- d44da3d2-5dc3-39f4-3260-513af5f027f7. I have installedimage

Testlink on Ubuntu 16.04.7. But after restarting services in the server, mysql could not be started. On the application UI, it is showing error attached in attachment.

My all test cases data are stored there and I don’t want to lose the data.

Hello @abhar115,

I cannot see anything weird in the logs. Could you try to start MySQL with the command below?

sudo /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/ctlscript.sh start mysql

If that does not work, please try this.

/opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/my.cnf --mysqld=mysqld.bin --socket=/opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock --old-passwords --datadir=/opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/data --pid-file=/opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/data/mysqld.pid --lower-case-table-names=1 --default-table-type=InnoDB --console

Please share the output of those commands with us.

Regards

I have tried both above commands but still mysql is unable to start. Please find the attachment of output of both above commands.

Thanks

Hello @abhar115,

Can you see something weird in /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/data/mysqld.log?

sudo tail -n 50 /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/data/mysqld.log

Something relevant in /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/data/INGGN20691LNPR.err?

Also, could you check if port 3306 is free?

sudo lsof  -i:3306

Regards

Hi David,

I have checked the logs but I am unable to understand the issue behind it. I am attaching the logs for same. Also mysql service is using port 3306 as of now. Kindly please try to resolve the issue ASAP.

Hello @abhar115,

It seems there is another MySQL service running. Could you please try these commands?

sudo kill -9 31549
sudo pkill -f mysql
sudo /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/ctlscript.sh start mysql

Regards

Hi David,

It seems mysql has been started at port 3306 by writing above mentioned commands. But when I am trying to run command:- “sudo /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/ctlscript.sh start”. It is giving some error:-

AH00526: Syntax error on line 250 of /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
The port number “localhost:” is outside the appropriate range (i.e., 1…65535).
apache config test fails, aborting

I am attaching screenshot for same as well.

Hi @abhar115,

As the error says, there is a syntax error in the line 250 of your /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/apache2/conf/httpd.conf file. localhost: is not valid and you should use localhost:80 (or the port where Apache is running).

I hope it helps

Hi David,

As you suggested, I have made the changes in httpd.conf file as localhost:80. Now it seems both the services are running, but on opening the URL on browser, it is showing error.
URL:- “http://132.186.96.27:8080/testlink/login.php

Error:-
2002 - No such file or directory

TestLink ::: Fatal Error

Connect to database bitnami_testlink on Host localhost fails
DBMS Error Message: 2002 - No such file or directory

But when I am trying to connect to URL:- “http://132.186.96.27:83/testlink/login.php”. Testlink is opening but my credentials are not working. I am unable to login through my credentials. Could you please let me know about this issue so that I can recover my data?

Hello @abhar115,

It seems that your services started properly. However, I can see a weird thing. It seems that Apache started at port 83, but you are accessing port 8080. Did you create a tunnel?

Also, I would try to access the DB with the credentials in /opt/bitnami/testlink/config_db.inc.php

mysql -ubn_testlink -p$(cat /opt/bitnami/testlink/config_db.inc.php | grep DB_PASS | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/);//'| sed "s/'//g") bitnami_testlink

Regards

Hi David,

I have not created a tunnel. Also by running above command, I am getting the issue. I have attached the issue as screenshot. It seems that there is no such file or directory named as config_db.inc.php. Kindly please suggest the next steps.

Thanks

Hi @abhar115,

Then probably you have the approach B. Try this command

mysql -ubn_testlink -p$(cat /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/apps/testlink/htdocs/config_db.inc.php | grep DB_PASS | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/);//'| sed "s/'//g") bitnami_testlink

The idea is to use the password from config_db.inc.php file in the format:

mysql -ubn_testlink -pPASSWORD bitnami_testlink

Regards

Hi David,

I am still getting the error by running above mentioned commands. Refer attachment. Please suggest.

Thanks

Hello @abhar115,

It seems there is something wrong with the socket configuration. You should use socket in /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock. Try this:

sudo /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/mysql/bin/mysql -ubn_testlink -p$(cat /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/apps/testlink/htdocs/config_db.inc.php | grep DB_PASS | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/);//'| sed "s/'//g") bitnami_testlink

Hi David,

I have tried above mentioned command. What is the next step after running above command?
Please let me know.

Hi @abhar115,

So it seems the credentials are right since you can access MySQL prompt. Could you share with us the output of this file?
/opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/apps/testlink/htdocs/config_db.inc.php

Please hide the password before doing it

Regards

Hi David,

I am getting error by running above mentioned command on my terminal. But I am able to open the file through MobaTextEditor. I am attaching the screenshot for same. Please look into it.

Thanks

Hi @abhar115,

To see the file from the command line you need to use cat and the whole path:

sudo cat /opt/testlink-1.9.14-4/apps/testlink/htdocs/config_db.inc.php

Anyway, the content seems to be ok. So everything seems to be properly configured. My doubt, as I mention previously, is the port you are accessing. From your screenshot, I see you are accessing port 8080, however, your apache is running on port 83. Could you please let us know what you see accessing http://YOUR_IP:83/?

You said:

Do you mean your login credentials does not work or you can access but see the connect to database error?

Regards