First time user for Liferay - Bitnami on AWS

• Which version of the application are you using?:
    7.0.2-1-r28 on Ubuntu 14.04.3, released 01/09/2017

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX):
    cloud image on AWS

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?:
    Nope but i’ve downloaded the latest Liferay Marketplace.lpkg file and placed it in the “deploy” folder

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    Basically am able to login to liferay cms but am unable to sign-in to the marketplace. Also tried creating new user under “Users and Organization” but there’s no add user button? This is basically the only 2 things i’ve tried so far… all seems to be missing or disabled… Do i need to activate something? Sorry for my noob question…hope someone can give me a walkthrough. Thank you.

OK so i’ve realised it is region related… i was using the one in asia (sg region). i’m now able to access the marketplace after using the AMI in the N.Virginia region. Cheers.

Hi @spanky,

We tried the 7.0.2-1-r28 version of Liferay in sg region and we could sign-in to the Marketplace.

Did you do the same with the N. Virginia instance? Maybe this is the difference between the two instances behavior.

If you are ok with your new instance in N. Virginia region, that’s great, but if you still want to have your instance in sg region, you can just try launching the instance again and let some time to the application to stabilize.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Andrés Bono

Hi @abjimenez

Thanks for the reply! Actually I relaunched it twice in sg region (the 2nd time without placing the marketplace.lpkg file) but still had the same issue with connecting to the marketplace. I will try again sometime soon (and give it some time to stabilize as you advised). Thanks again.

Hi @spanky,

Let us know if you find issues once you try again. If you still have problems with it, we will keep investigating the issue.

We’ll be looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards,
Andrés Bono