Filtering logs from a specific Postgres DB User

Keywords: PostgreSQL - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Other
Description:
Hello Bitnami Support,

Is there a way to filter logs coming from a specific user(Application) as it generates tons of logs?

Current Config on Bitnami PostgreSQL
GCP Image: bitnami-postgresql-10-8-0-1-r01-linux-debian-9-x86-64-mt-nami

#log_min_error_statement = info   
#log_min_messages = notice 

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi, Aaron.

Bitnami packages and configures already existing applications. We can only offer support and help on basic and most frequent application configurations, always based on the default configuration or on our guides.

Since the question is related to the application itself, probably someone with more experience and knowledge about that specific tool can help you better than we can.

We suggest you to post your question on the official support forums of the application or to check the official documentation.

Regards,
Alejandro

Hello Alejandro,

it’s not an application issue. we created a Postgres user account that generates a lot of logs. I’m wondering if there is a way not to log actions coming from a specific postgres user account?

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi, Aaron.

I meant that, being a very specific question related to PostgreSQL itself and not Bitnami, they will be able to help you better as we are not experts in the application.

Trying to answer your question, I’ve found this thread on StackExchange asking a similar question: https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/118018/is-it-possible-to-exclude-specific-users-in-log-activity-of-postgresql

It looks like log_min_duration_statement could be what you are looking for. Here’s the article in PostgreSQL’s documentation: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-logging.html

Regards,
Alejandro

Hello Alejandro,

Thank you for your response. I will look into these threads.

Regards,
Aaron

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.