Fatal Error after install

I’m using Bitnami, as you assumed, on Windows 10 64-bit. I’m also using Tiki Wiki deployed the same way and it works fantastically.

The install goes fine, yet when I try to run OrangeHRM, I get the following error:
" Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in C:\xampp\apps\orangehrm\htdocs\symfony\apps\orangehrm\lib\helper\OrangeDateHelper.php on line 67"

NO idea what I need to do to fix this.

Hi @Aknight2015,

I’m not sure I understand, did you install a fresh installation of Bitnami OrangeCRM and it’s not working? Could you check the installer log for errors? You can find it in the user temp directory. (Just type %temp% in the file explorer). The log starts with installbuilder_*log.

Regards,
Michiel

Yeah, it was a fresh install.
Here’s the whole installer log.

Log started 06/28/2021 at 11:09:15
Preferred installation mode : qt
Trying to init installer in mode qt
Mode qt successfully initialized
Executing C:/xampp\mysql\bin/mysql.exe -u root -P3306 -hlocalhost -e “show databases;”
Script exit code: 0

Script output:
Database
bitnami_orangehrm
information_schema
mysql
performance_schema
phpmyadmin
test

Script stderr:

Executing C:/xampp\mysql\bin/mysql.exe -u root -P3306 -hlocalhost -e “show databases;”

Script output:
Database
bitnami_orangehrm
information_schema
mysql
performance_schema
phpmyadmin
test

Script stderr:

Executing C:\xampp\mysql\bin/mysql.exe -u root -P3306 -hlocalhost -e “show databases;”

Script output:
Database
bitnami_orangehrm
information_schema
mysql
performance_schema
phpmyadmin
test

Script stderr:

Preparing to Install
Setting variable mysql_db_type from C:\xampp\mysql\bin/mysql --version

Script output:
C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql.exe Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.4.17-MariaDB, for Win64 (AMD64), source revision 5fbfdae130950d0a5a07d4b909f3bf1ff0498d34

Script stderr:

Preparing to Install
Exiting with code 0

Hi @Aknight2015,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool in a cloud image or virtual machine

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards,
Michiel

Alright. So I ran the tool where bitnami installed OrangeHRM (C:\Xampp). This is the code I got at the end.

66f8078b-89ed-5517-9af8-7795ea737d98

Hi @Aknight2015,

OrangeHRM does not support PHP 8, I recommend either using XAMMP version 7.4 or use the standalone installer:

https://bitnami.com/stack/orangehrm/installer

Regards,
Michiel

I did use the standalone installer.

Hi @Aknight2015,

Are you sure? The installation directory is “C:/xampp”.

Did you use this installer?

https://bitnami.com/redirect/to/1499809/bitnami-orangehrm-4.8-2-windows-x64-installer.exe

Regards,
Michiel

When I run the installer that’s the default install directory. To be up front, the whole reason I’m doing this is for hobby reasons. I created a fictional organization and need a way to keep track of it’s “employees.” I use that as a way to learn new technologies. I’ve done this with Joomla, and several different types of Wiki software. So if it helps, this is for a personal project.

Hi @Aknight2015,

I’ve not been able to reproduce it. This is the default Installation directory of the standalone installer:

Regards,

Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.