Failed to create WP Cloudformation on AWS ( for an existing VPC with a ROLE)

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - Technical issue - Other
Description:
Hello,

Based on this issue (https://community.bitnami.com/t/failed-to-create-wp-cloudformation-on-aws/89619), I did some additional tests.

PS : I create the stack with a ROLE that has the full right to create EC2 instance and to use the cloudofrmation. Thank you for your help.

Jean-luc

Hi @dubouchet.j74,

Can you check the following guide:

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws-templates/apps/wordpress-production-ready/configuration/use-existing-vpc/

Regards,
Michiel

Hello @michiel,

Yes, I already did it but it doesn’t work.
Do you have a list of the full right that should have a ROLE to be able to create that kind of Wordpress?

Regards,
Jean-Luc

Hello @michiel,

We tried to create a root user that has access to all features of the Amazon account… but the creation of WordPress from an existing VPC failed due to the same error.

Embedded stack arn:aws:cloudformation:ap-northeast-1:******:stack/website-dev-WebserverStack-****/*** was not successfully created: The following resource(s) failed to create: [WebServerASG].

Hi @dubouchet.j74,

A colleague from another team will reply soon.

Regards,
Michiel

Hi,

When using an existing VPC there are some aspects that should be taken into account, as you’re deploying the solution into an existing VPC, can you make sure that your VPC has two private subnets in different Availability Zones for the database instances? These subnets require NAT gateways or NAT instances in their route tables, to allow the instances to download packages and software without exposing them to the internet. You will also need the domain name option configured in the DHCP options, as explained in the Amazon VPC documentation. You will be prompted for your VPC settings when you launch the QuickStart.

In the same way, looking for “Parameters for deploying WordPress High Availability by Bitnami into an existing VPC” in this guide, you can find some tables with all the required parameters.

Apart from that, here you can find the template.

Best regards,
Carlos R. Hernández

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.