Error while upgrading reviewboard

Keywords: ReviewBoard - Windows - How to - Upgrade
Description:
I am trying to upgrade reviewboard-2.5.3-0 to the latest version on Windows OS using the following document https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/apps/reviewboard/administration/upgrade/
When I am passing “easy_install -U ReviewBoard” cmd I am encountered with an error “RuntimeError: cryptography requires setuptools 18.5 or newer, please upgrade to a newer version of setuptools” . Is there anything I have to do before passing the “easy_install -U ReviewBoard” command.

Hi @ravitejaneelams,

On which version of Windows are you running the application? Before upgrading did you change any configuration files or install any plugins or themes?

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Regards,
Michiel

Thank you for the response. I am running it on windows 10 OS. I did not make any changes to any configuration files or install any plugins.

Here is the code ID generated from the support tool:

421f475d-b093-16a3-b524-b52fc0b3fdc9

Regards
Ravi

Any solution on this please?

Hi @ravitejaneelams,

We have been working on reproducing your environment and we also obtained the same issue. However, the version you are upgrading from is from 2016 (it’s 4 years old). That means that there will probably be so many incompatibilities during the upgrade process.

I suggest you ask in the official forums of ReviewBoard to know the best way to migrate your version to a newer version. I suggest you install the latest version using the Bitnami installer and then migrate the data from the current installation to the new one but I don’t know if that’s even possible. The ReviewBoard developers should give you more information.

Thanks

By the way, I installed the version 19.2 of setuptools and fixed that error but found another one later. As I mentioned, the components included in the stack you are using are deprecated now and you will have many issues when upgrading ReviewBoard.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.