Error saying 32-bit PHP is installed on 64-bit Windows

Hi there, I have just installed bitnami-resourcespace-7.8-3-windows-installer.exe on my Windows 10 desktop machine. It has the following specs:

Intel Core2 Duo 3Ghz Processor
4 GB of RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

The installation went fine, but when I went to the Installation Check, page (http://localhost:8888/pages/check.php), it complains as follows:

Large file support (64 bit platform): Running 32 bit PHP. Files larger than 2GB will not be supported.

This is the only Bitnami stack I have on the machine; I do have Plex Media Server (https://www.plex.tv/downloads/) on the same machine, but that’s a Windows installation as well, so I can’t imagine that it’s picking up conflicting PHP – is it?

I don’t want to go any further with this installation if I cannot upload files larger than 2 GB. I have allocated nearly 200GB for file space, and many of the files will exceed the 2GB limit.

Help!
Toolie

Anyone have any ideas? Do you think I should be taking this up with ResourceSpace?

Toolie

Hi @Toolie,

First of all, we apologize for the delay taken in our response. That issue has nothing to do with Resourcespace! We are fully responsible of that. It’s due to the fact that the installer is compiled and made for compatibility with 32 bits (and 64, by extension) systems. We do compile 64 bits installers in the case of some stacks, but no in this one. The issue reported by that check simply says that, due to the memory registry limitation of the system, single files larger than 2GB can’t be handled. Is is that much of an issue?

We’ll be looking forward to receiving your reply. If there is anything you didn’t fully understand, please, don’t hesitate to ask us again. We’ll be more than glad to help you.

Best regards,

David González

I’m still tweaking the Resource Types and Metadata so I haven’t gotten as far as uploading much data yet. I think that I’ll be OK within the 2GB limit, but it would have helped to mention in the Bitnami documentation on the page that this is a known status, and not really an error.

I would put a vote in for compiling a 64-bit stack so that it IS possible to upload files larger than 2GB. I’m compressing old projects and some of them include video, which can easily exceed the 2 GB limit. Also, there’s no way to just upload a file and “attach” a metadata record to it, so that’s not optimal either.

My 42 cents…

Toolie Garner

Hi @Toolie,

We do provide 64 bit installers in the case of linux architectures. I would suggest trying out a virtual machine of resourcespace in order to have this feature enabled.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Best regards,

David González