Keywords: WordPress Multisite - AWS - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: 90ea47e2-e978-62f4-a76a-deef06a1a889
I'm getting an error connecting to the database when trying to access a new site that I have set up. I have an existing server and wanted to create a test box so I can test out any plugins/updates etc before pushing to live.
The steps I went through are below:
- Restored the EC2 instance hosting the bitnami multisite stack to a new EC2 instance
- Ran mysqldump to dump out the production database to a file from the old EC2 server
- Span up a new RDS instance (the production database is also on an RDS instance)
- Restored the wordpress database from the dump file
- SSH into the new EC2 server
- Changed the /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-config.php with the new connection details (URL, user & password)
- Added a new user with full rights to the new test database
- Changed the relevant security groups in AWS for the new EC2 and RDS instance
- Verified I can connect from the EC2 instance to mysql
- Ran /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart to restart the services.
When I go to the new URL I get a "Error establishing a database connection" message.