Error 503 backend fetch fail after running magento-cli cache:disable

Keywords: Magento - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
Description:
Hello,

I deployed a magento certified by bitnami on gcp. Literally the first thing I did was connect go to the directory bitnami/magento/bin and ran the command magento-cli cache:disable.

After running that command, the server became unresponsibe, the application stopped working and trying to connect to the admin panel returned the following:

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 98314

Varnish cache server

I have tried this 3 times in total and each time I run the magento-cli cache:disable command it seems to brick the server, so I have to delete the deployment and start over.

This is how the tutorial for installing a simple theme starts and the server is dead on
the first step. Am I doing something wrong? If so, what? And how should I fix this.

Hi @misho.nikov,

Thanks for using Bitnami. We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Hi,

This is a problem because once I run the cache:disable command the server becomes unresponsive.

Currently the server is running ok and I can connect to the application.

Should I still run this tool?

Hi @misho.nikov,

When you disable the cache, PHP has to generate all assets on every request. I think this is what may be affecting your server. Can you try to stop Apache before installing the theme? Also, remember to restart all services once you have installed the theme and enabled the cache back.

We have a guide for installing a theme on Magento. Can you try the steps mentioned there?

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/apps/magento/configuration/install-theme/

I am facing the exact same issue with Magento 2.4.2 on Azure. Looks like disabling the cache bricks the server.

Hi @weskyprint,

Thanks for your message. Can you tell us which theme are you trying to install to try to reproduce it? Can you also run the bnsupport tool and share the generated code with us so we can take a look?

Continued conversation here - Magento 2.4.2 Theme + Apache + Composer Issues

Hi @weskyprint,

Thanks for the reference. We will continue helping you there. We will close this thread as too old.

Regards,
Gonzalo