Error 200 in Participated Cases and assignments in processes are not working

Keywords: ProcessMaker - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other
Description:
These issues are since ProcessMaker VM 3.5.1 . When you click on Participated in Home tab (Cases Menu) to track a process, appears this error “An unexpected error occurred while searching for your results. Error Code 200 and Please contact your administrator.”. Also, the assignments in a process are not working, the tasks doesn’t appear in Inbox module after submitting the first task.

This was reported by another user on August 31 (ERROR 200 and Does not display the work), but it wasn’t solved.

Hello @poncho0722,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Also, some screenshots of the issue may help.

Thanks for your response. I run the Support Tool, this is the code ID generated: dae64bb8-19bd-ade3-1bcd-32c12c5c7fe1. I couldn’t post more than one screenshot because I am a new user. I’m going to post several messages.

This is how I recreated the issues:

1. When you click on Participated in Home tab (Cases Menu) to track a process, appears an error.

2 The assignments in a process are not working, the tasks doesn’t appear in Inbox module after submitting the first task.

2.1 This an example of a process with two tasks assigned to admin user.

2.2 Then I start a new case.

2.3 Once I fill out the form associated to the first task I go to the next step. When I click on “Continue” no task is assigned.

Another issue I found is that there is no way to download a generated document, “Download” option is not working.

I appreacite your help, with this issues this virtual machine is not useful.

Hello @poncho0722,

I have been checking the issue.

I could reproduce the 200 error message, but it may be an issue of the application itself. I could not reproduce the download issue with ProcessMaker 3.5.3. It worked for me to upload and download the same file.

I only can see these error messages in the Apache’s log that doesn’t seem related to the Workflow functionality.

[Tue Oct 13 22:12:10.803787 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1222:tid 140180979590912] [client 192.168.0.4:58071] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Illuminate\\Routing\\UrlGenerator::__construct() must be an instance of Illuminate\\Http\\Request, null given, cal\
led in /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/RoutingServiceProvider.php on line 62 and defined in /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/UrlGenerator.php:120\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/l\
aravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/RoutingServiceProvider.php(62): Illuminate\\Routing\\UrlGenerator->__construct(Object(Illuminate\\Routing\\RouteCollection), NULL, NULL)\n#1 /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(776): Illuminate\\Routing\\Routing\
ServiceProvider->Illuminate\\Routing\\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\\Foundation\\Application), Array)\n#2 /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(658): Illumi...PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Illuminate\\Routing\\Url\
Generator::__construct() must be an instance of Illuminate\\Http\\Request, null given, called in /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/RoutingServiceProvider.php on line 62 and defined in /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Rou\
ting/UrlGenerator.php:120\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/RoutingServiceProvider.php(62): Illuminate\\Routing\\UrlGenerator->__construct(Object(Illuminate\\Routing\\RouteCollection), NULL, NULL)\n#1 /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/l\
aravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(776): Illuminate\\Routing\\RoutingServiceProvider->Illuminate\\Routing\\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\\Foundation\\Application), Array)\n#2 /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(658): Illumi...', ref\
erer: https://192.168.0.35/sysworkflow/en/neoclassic/cases/cases_Step?TYPE=DYNAFORM&UID=5914298225f51b8337ebc45089814462&POSITION=1&ACTION=EDIT
[Tue Oct 13 23:11:02.394805 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1222:tid 140180954412800] [client 192.168.0.4:58700] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant HIGHLIGHT_HOME_FOLDER_ENABLE - assumed 'HIGHLIGHT_HOME_FOLDER_ENABLE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /opt/b\
itnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/workflow/engine/methods/cases/casesMenuLoader.php on line 27', referer: https://192.168.0.35/sysworkflow/en/neoclassic/cases/main_init

However, as this seems to be a specific issue of the application, can you ask in the official forums of the application to get more information about how to debug the issue? The app’s developers will probably give you some information about how to resolve it too.

Do not hesitate to write us back if you have any other questions regarding the solution or if there is a problem with the Bitnami configuration.

Thanks @davidg. The error messages you shared are related to some tests of JavaScript in a form, as you say they are not related to the issues I reported .

Do you mean to ask in official forums of ProcessMaker outside of Bitnami forums?

Exactly @poncho0722,

In this case, it would great to fully understand where the issue comes from. ProcessMaker team should have more experience to find the root cause. So I would recommend asking on their forums in order to get a clearer idea and check if the issue is related to the application itself since we don’t have clear evidence that it could be related to bitnami configuration.

Note that Bitnami packages and configures already existing applications, and we can only offer support and help on basic and most frequent application configurations. Always based on the default configuration or on our guides.

If they suggest that the issue could be related to how bitnami is deploying the solution, please don’t hesitate to get back and let us know all the details they provided you.

Best regards

In case someone has the same problems, I could solve two of the three issues following some instructions I found.

1. For Participated cases Error 200:
    http://pmlearning.info/video.php?t=fix_error_participated_processmaker
    @davidg, as you can see there is additional configuration that should be done, it would be good that Bitnami consider to do this for its ProcessMaker VMs.

2. To be able to download generated documents, just configure the option “By clicking on the generated file link” as “Download the file” for the output document.

3. I couldn’t solve the task assignment issue. I followed this ProcessMaker forum, but it doesn’t work for me:
    https://forum.processmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=737815&p=828523&hilit=tasks+not+assigned#p828523
    This issue in particular make the VM useless, task assignments are one of the main basic functionalities of a BPM solution like ProcessMaker.

1 Like

Hello @poncho0722,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I have created a task to review it.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @poncho0722,

We are currently working on setting the correct sql_modes in the Bitnami ProcessMarker solution. However, regarding the task assignation, I could manually assign the task without getting any error, is that what you are doing?

Hi again,

We just released a new revision of the Bitnami ProcessMaker solution (3.5.4-1) that updates the sql_mode configuration of the database, so this should fix the error you were getting with the “Participated” view. Regarding the assignation, I tested it in different environments and I could assigned a task to a user without problems. Could you please confirm you can do that too?

Thanks

Hello @jota, thanks for the update. The problem is not when you assign a task in the design experience, is when you execute a case (the assignation is not working, that is, the task is not generated to the corresponding user). In this post you can see what I am talking about: Error 200 in Participated Cases and assignments in processes are not working

Hi @poncho0722,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I just confirmed that we need to create a new service in the solution to run the queue jobs (php processmaker artisan queue:work --workspace=workflow).

https://wiki.processmaker.com/3.3/processmaker_command

Once the queue jobs are run, the tasks are assigned properly and you can continue with the process. We will treat this task as a high priority one as the solution is not functional at this moment.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi again @poncho0722,

If you are using a cloud image or a virtual machine, you can replace the current cron job configured here

sudo crontab -e

with this one

*/5 * * * * su daemon -s /bin/bash -c "cd /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs; /opt/bitnami/php/bin/php /opt/bitnami/apps/processmaker/htdocs/processmaker artisan queue:work --workspace=workflow --stop-when-empty"

This job will run the jobs in the queue every 5 minutes. This is just a workaround and we will start working on adding a new service to the linux and windows installers soon.

Hi @poncho0722,

We just released a new revision of the Bitnami ProcessMaker solution (3.5.4-3) that installs and configures a new service to manage the app’s queue. We created a really simple pipeline and could assign the tickets to the different users without problems. Please share your feedback when using that new version.

Thanks