Enable LDAP OrangeHRM

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?:

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX):
    Download bitnami orangehrm virtual machine from bitnami website

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?:
    I tried to install the LDAP plugin following the instructions from Marketplace. I installed php-ldap and created the file phpinfo.php as instructed.
    After that i modified file httpd.conf to uncomment lines for authnz_ldap_module and ldap_module and restarted the services.

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    I installed php-ldap package and enabled modules authnz_ldap and ldap_module but when i connect to OrangeHRM with super admin user i do not have the “LDAP Configuration” menu item under the “Admin” menu as i would expect.
    Let me know what log files i should post.

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE

Hello @tuccero,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Could you also share with us the guides/steps you followed so we can try to reproduce it?

Regards

Hello David,

I executed the tool and produced the output zip file.
In the google drive link that i shared to you, you will find the following files:

• ActiveDirectory-LDAPPlugin.pdf: Guide to install and configure php-ldap. However, after i created and accessed phpconfig.php site i connected to OrangeHRM as super admin and noticed that i didnt have the “LDAP configuration” menu under “Admin”

• bitnami-orangehrm-info-20200908-112842-4839.zip: Output of support tool

• bnsupport_output.txt: Display messages when executed the support tool. I did not find any other code ID produced by the tool except the id which is included in the zip filename

In addition to the above, since i didnt had the “LDAP configuration” option after following the instructions of attached pdf file, i followed the instructions provided by this bitnami article to enable the LDAP modules on Apache:
docs.bitnami.com/virtual-machine/apps/orangehrm/configuration/enable-modules

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Best Regards

Hello @tuccero,

php-ldap is included and enabled by default in Bitnami installation, so it is not needed to install it.

The link you used is ok, and allows enable it for Apache.

The guide says:

Once the LDAP Authentication addon is installed

So the next step seems to be the installation of LDAP. However, we don’t have a guide for this. My suggestion here is to contact OrangeHRM support in order to obtain clear instructions about how to proceed.
https://forum.orangehrm.com/index.php?sid=a13659bf3ac8f6f8b4b67173ab34c8b5

Regards

Hello David,

Thank you for the provided url.
I will contact OrangeHRM for the addon installation.

Best Regards,

Stavros Tseriotis

Infrastructure and Operations Department Officer
Technology and Data Management Division

Gr. Afxentiou 8, 1096 Nicosia
T: +357 22743281
stavrostseriotis@kedipes.com.cy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.