Thanks for looking into this.
I think the images not being found maybe misleading as this was caused by the wrong file names on some images.
To try and get to the bottom of the issue I have removed all the imported products and manually created 2 more products now giving me 3 products in the database.
Product 1 was created before the import can be found in the predictive search as expected
Product 2 can be found by normal search but the auto suggestion doesnt show any results.
Product 3 is the same as product 2 with the same result.
I have compared the products and they are identical.
The auto complete works for items in marketing/search terms.
I believe that their maybe some fixes for search in version 2.4.1 but would not know how to upgrade the stack as the web wizard has been removed from 2.4.0