Ctlscript.sh error: gonit not found

Hi, I have just downloaded bitnami-postgresql-12.0.0-1-r01-linux-debian-9-x86_64-nami.ova just to play with Postgres a bit. After applying it with Virtulbox and started I see the following:

bitnami@debian:~$ uname -a
Linux debian 4.9.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u1 (2019-09-20) x86_64 GNU/Linux

bitnami@debian:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart postgresql
/opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh: 64: /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh: gonit: not found

bitnami@debian:~$ find / -name gonit 2>/dev/null
/opt/bitnami/gonit
/opt/bitnami/gonit/bin/gonit

I didn’t modified any configuration yet. What should be done to have it working as expected?

Hi @wpietron,
Could you try adding /opt/bitnami/gonit/bin to the PATH?

Also, can you confirm that the gonit binary works?

/opt/bitnami/gonit/bin/gonit version

Yest, it seems to work:

bitnami@debian:~$ /opt/bitnami/gonit/bin/gonit version
Gonit 0.2.2
Built on: 2019-09-20 07:47:19 UTC

In which script PATH should be updated to make it available globally from the very beginning?

Hi @wpietron,

The /home/bitnami/.bashrc file should contain the following lines at the top of the file:

# BEGIN PROVISIONER ADDED ENVIRONMENT SETTINGS

PATH=/opt/bitnami/gonit/bin:/opt/bitnami/nami/node_modules/uglify-js/bin:/opt/bitnami/postgresql/bin:/opt/bitnami/nami/bin:$PATH
export PATH

# END PROVISIONER ADDED ENVIRONMENT SETTINGS

Can you add those lines if they don’t exist already?

Hi,

I have updated the .bashrc file. Now I get this issue:

bitnami@debian:~$ sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh status
Control file '/etc/gonit/gonitrc' does not exists

@wpietron I think for some reason the gonit installation in your VM is corrupted. Instead of trying to solve the issues as they appear, I would try to create the virtual machine from scratch and see if these issues are solved.

Thank you tomasp. Honestly I think I will give up as creating VM from scratch may take more than I would like to spend on that. I just wanted to play some time with postgres and was looking for an image with a preinstalled software to speed up the process.

Best regards,

If creating a VM from scratch is too much time you should consider checking our postgresql docker container (If you are already familiar with docker)

It seems that only gonit is not installed as expected. Is there any easy way to re-install it and quickly prepare /etc/gonit/gonitrc file?

I am afraid the gonit component is part of the whole application bundle and is not distributed independently.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.