Cryptography installation error

Hi folks,
I am trying to install the bitnami Reviewboard on Win 7 64 with your installer reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-0-windows-installer.exe

First I had problem with the apache service not running, but that I was able to solve with the help of this topic: Unable to install apache as a service for windows with name wordpressApache

That allowed me to start the apache service and see the bitnami splash screen on localhost. Still the reviewboard was not working, showing “The requested URL /reviewboardpowerpack/ was not found on this server.”

I dug into the logs and found that while “Creating new Review Board site” I got:
File “d:\aplikace\bitnami\reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-0\apps\reviewboardpowerpack\htdocs\lib\site-packages\reviewboard-2.5.10-py2.7.egg\reviewboard\scmtools\crypto_utils.py”, line 7, in
from cryptography.hazmat.backends import default_backend
ImportError: No module named cryptography.hazmat.backends

So when I looked for the cryptography part of the log, I found that while “Executing install_cryptography.bat” I got:

Script exit code: 1

Script output:
Processing d:\aplikace\bitnami\reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-0\pythonpackages\cryptography\cryptography-1.8.1-cp27-cp27m-win32.whl
Collecting six>=1.4.1 (from cryptography==1.8.1)

Script stderr:
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357D690>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357D290>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357DB70>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357DF30>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357DE10>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement six>=1.4.1 (from cryptography==1.8.1) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for six>=1.4.1 (from cryptography==1.8.1)

Error running D:\Aplikace\Bitnami\reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-0/pythonPackages/install_cryptography.bat : Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357D690>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357D290>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357DB70>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357DF30>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘ConnectTimeoutError(<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0357DE10>, ‘Connection to pypi.python.org timed out. (connect timeout=15)’)’: /simple/six/
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement six>=1.4.1 (from cryptography==1.8.1) (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for six>=1.4.1 (from cryptography==1.8.1)

Was not able to google my way through this yet… Any tips? Help?
Thanks a lot for any answer.

1 Like

Hi,

When you use one of our installers, there is a file named “bitrock_installer_****.log” which is created in a temporary directory (/tmp on UNIX Systems or %TMP% on Windows) for each installation or uninstallation.

Could you please provide us with it?

Could you please indicate us, what changes did you?

Best regards,
Silvio Fernández

Hello Silvio,

Thank you very much for your concern

The log file is uploaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve3fzi7sgoyusug/bitrock_installer_9264.log?dl=0

I did not do any changes prior to the installation, just downloaded the “reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-0-windows-installer.exe” file and run it.
During the installation an error appeared: “unable to install apache as a service with name reviewboardpowerpackApache”
And then a few very long errors or warnings.
After the installation the apache web server was indeed down and unable to start. I found on your forums that this error can be solved by finding httpd.conf and changing the line:
SetEnv PATH “C:\Bitnami\wampstack-7.0.11-2/apache2/bin;${PATH}”
To:
SetEnv PATH “C:/Bitnami/wampstack-7.0.11-2/apache2/bin”
After this edit the apache server did start, and localhost is accessible, but when I try to access the reviewboard site I got “The requested URL /reviewboardpowerpack/ was not found on this server.”

After looking through the log file I think the cryptography did not install successfully which leads also the reviewboard site installation to fail. Though I don’t know why.

Thank you very much for any further help

Have a nice day:-)
Jiri Kortanek

Hi @Falcon,

Do you have any other Bitnami stack in the system? It seems that the service could not be installed properly, could you please let us know more information about the system?

• Which version of the operating system do you have?
  • What are the specifications of that machine?
  • Does the machine have an active internet connection?

Please note that you are installing ReviewBoard and not WAMP in your system, you shouldn’t apply this change as it’s not the same issue.

The installation didn’t finish properly so the application was not fully configured. [quote=“Falcon, post:3, topic:49473”]
After looking through the log file I think the cryptography did not install successfully which leads also the reviewboard site installation to fail. Though I don’t know why.
[/quote]

This issue has been also reported here:

We’re looking into the issue and we will update these tickets as soon as we have more information.

Sorry for the inconveniences it may have caused. Regards,
Jota

Hi Jota,

Certainly not. But I just remembered I was programing in Python earlier, so I have Python 2.7 still installed… could it have some significance?

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1

Fujistsu Lifebook E-series
Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60 GHz
8GB RAM

Yes, both LAN and Wifi, though both over Siemens corporate network.

Thanks for help
Jiri ‘Falcon’ Kortanek

Hi @Falcon,

We could reproduce the issue that you reported and we are now working on fixing it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information.

Sorry for the inconveniences. Let us know if meanwhile you need a previous version of the installer.

Regards,
Jota

Hi Jota

I am very glad to hear that, thanks a lot.

I could try the previous version maybe, but it is not a pressing matter. If the fixing won’t take a month, then I can wait for the fix.

Falcon

Hi @Falcon,

We’ve just released a new revision of ReviewBoard and ReviewBoard + Power Pack after testing them in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 either using or not an internet connection. The installation worked for us in both cases but please let us know if you find any other issue with the installer.

https://bitnami.com/stack/reviewboard-plus-powerpack

Regards,
Jota

1 Like

Hi all,

The problem is solved with the new version, I successfully run the reviewboard server.

It was not flawless though. Still during the installation the error came “unable to install apache as a service with name reviewboardpowerpackApache” and the Apache Web Server was not running after the installation

This I solved by editing …\Bitnami\reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-1\apache2\conf\httpd.conf
where I changed
SetEnv PATH “D:\Aplikace\Bitnami\reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-1/apache2/bin;${PATH}”
to
SetEnv PATH “D:\Aplikace\Bitnami\reviewboardpowerpack-2.5.10-1/apache2/bin;”

It seems the ${PATH} is causing trouble.

With this edit everything seems to be running smoothly.

Thank you very much for your support and have a nice Monday
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/02/29/14/02291435f75d0bcd0501a1cb98729d30.jpg
Falcon

Hi @falcon,

Thanks for letting us know. This is weird as we did not find any issue after several tests. Could it be that something in your PATH environment variable may be causing issuse? In any case, please let us know if you come across more issues with the stack.

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

Hi Javier
May be. Since I used many different tools during the life of this windows installation, my PATH environment looks like a bombing test site… turned inside out… with a cherry on the top…
After some testing I will be installing the reviewboard server on another computer so I will let you know if any trouble occured there.
Falcon

Hi,

Thanks again for letting us know and please don’t hesitate to report back if you find any issues on a different computer.

Best regards,
Alvaro Recio