Yes, there are no
cronjobs configured by default on the VM. However, any user can configure them using the crontab you mentioned.
Is this something mandatory? I have been checking this documentation:
This file has been truncated.
# Server Configuration for EspoCRM
EspoCRM can be installed on the Apache ([instructions](apache-server-configuration.md)), Nginx ([instructions](nginx-server-configuration.md)), or IIS server with support PHP version 5.5 or greater and MySQL version 5.1 or greater.
## Configuration Recommendations
### PHP Requirements
EspoCRM requires PHP 5.5 or greater, with the following extensions enabled:
* [PDO](http://php.net/manual/en/book.pdo.php) – to access MySQL in PHP;
* [JSON](http://php.net/manual/en/book.json.php) – resources use this format (metadata, layout, languages, and others);
* [GD](http://php.net/manual/en/book.image.php) – to manipulate images;
* [OpenSSL](http://php.net/manual/en/book.openssl.php) – to ensure the highest protection;
* [Zip](http://php.net/manual/en/book.zip.php) – to be able to upgrade EspoCRM and install extensions;
* [IMAP](http://php.net/manual/en/book.imap.php) – to monitore mailboxes in EspoCRM;
It's also recommended to have [mailparse](https://pecl.php.net/package/mailparse) pecl extension installed. It's needed for smooth working of email fetching feature.
It's included in the Configuration Recommendations but I would like to know how much important for EspoCRM to work smoothly in order to open a internal task to include it or not.