Creating clone website & backup of the website

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - How to - Other

Description:
Hi ,

I want to create a clone of my wordpress website along with database. which hosted on aws & is a bitnami instance.

how should I approach ?

Hello @dhaval,

Find below our documentation:
https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/migrate-wordpress/

Regards

1 Like

Problem with All-In-One WP migration is if your site is too big. You can export for free but they charge for Import. I don’t remember exactly how many MB.

For me, I didn’t want to pay for it so I back-up manually both wordpress content and database.

1 Like

facing the same problem.

Hi @dhaval,

Could you give more details? Is the site too big to migrate?

Regards,
Michiel

the backup created is around 2.5 gb by all in one migration.
now , I have created an AMI of running instance & created a new instance. but whenever I create a new instance my running instance/website going down. upon checking .php-fpm.bin is taking almost 100% of the cpu. This has been started to happen from when I tried to take backup.

.upon trying to find top ip address I ran this command - “tail -n 100000 access_log | awk ‘{print $1}’ | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | head -n 10 | awk ‘{print $1}’” but it says Cannot open access_log for reading : no such file or directory

Hi @dhaval,

The path to “access_log” is incorrect. Try an absolute path:

tail -n 100000 /opt/bitnami/apache2/logs/access_log | awk ‘{print $1}’ | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | head -n 10 | awk ‘{print $1}

Regards,
Michiel

Hi ,

I did that , seems like there are few cron jobs which are running & might be eting up cpu usage. How to handle cron jobs? like view which job is running so that it can handled !

Hi @dhaval,

You can check all cronjobs from the bitnami user with the following command:

sudo crontab -u bitnami -l

And for the root user:

sudo crontab -l

Then you can edit or remove them with crontab -e:

sudo crontab -u bitnami -e

Regards,
Michiel

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.