Keywords: Magento - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Connectivity (SSH/FTP)
I have a Goggle Compute instance which was created from the Bitnami Magento image that was based on Magento version 2.3.0. I am able to connect to this instance via SSH and SFTP without any issues.
But, If I create a snapshot or image using this instance, and create a new instance using the new image/snapshot, I am unable to connect to the instance.
The error messages that I get are:
*"Connection via Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy Failed
Reason: failed to connect to backend
You may be able to connect without using the Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy."*
If I connect using Cloud Identity aware proxy, it comes up with the message "Connection Failed. We are unable to connect to the VM on port 22. Learn more about possible causes of this issue.".
**I have already tried the below, only in vain: **
1. adding ssh via starting script - No difference in the error messages.
Could not find any message in the serial port output linked to ssh
2. Adding a new user via starting script - while the serial port does come up with login options, the login does not accept the username/password.
3. created instances using a machine image, disk image, snapshot...and all end up with the same errors.
4. I have double/triple/quadruple checked all the firewalls and permissions and all of them are correct.
I am not even sure if the 'startup-script' is even being run from the instance setting, based on the above outcomes.
Observations/ comments which I think are relevant to trouble shoot:
1. I am able to connect to instances created from images or snapshots that were taken 6 months ago, that is pre-september 2020, but not from the current ones. Unortunately no images/snapshots were taken after that. The instance on a 14 day automated snapshot.
2. Pre-September, the disk size was 60 GB, it was resized to 100 GB in November. None of the 100 GB image/snapshot connect via SSH.
3. There is still about 20 GB of space left in the drive.
4. all the new instances come up with the message "A start job is running for Raise network interfaces (6s / 5min)" for 5 mins and end up with the message "Failed to start Raise network interfaces.". This message does not show up when I restart the current live instance.
5. I did read somewhere that if the instance did run out of space, some files get corrupted. I am wondering if this is the reason, as the 60 GB instance run out of space before it was resized. We did manage to connect to a snapshot after the increase in size, but that was within few days of the resize. Don't have a copy of those snapshots anymore.
I have spent the last two days trying every option that google throwed up as a solution and nothing seems to have worked. I am desperately hoping that someone can provide a solution for this. Since I don't have a backup between Sep 2020 and now, I don't have any option other than making an image/snapshot from the current live server connectable via SSH.
Thanks in advance.