CouchDB has no permissions to hash admin passwords

:warning: IMPORTANT, please fill the questions

We assume you are using Bitnami to deploy your application.

• Which version of the application are you using?:
    3.0.0-2-r08

• Please choose how you got the application: Installer (Windows, Linux, macOS), cloud image (AWS, GCE, Azure, …) or VM (VMDK, VBOX):
    GCE

• Have you installed any plugin or modified any configuration file?:
    Nope

• Describe here your question/suggestion/issue (expected and actual results):
    The CouchDB docs and local.ini comments say that CouchDB should hash the admin password after restarting the server. However, that didn’t work. After asking on StackOverflow, it turned out that the CouchDB process had no permissions for the local.ini file, so I had to give the permissions first. Is that the intended behaviour? There was nothing written about it in your docs or the CouchDB docs, so it was very unexpected. Now I am concerned that there might be more misconfigurations in your image and that more things will not work.

• Steps to reproduce the issue (if relevant):

• Copy the apache log (if relevant):

PASTE HERE

Hi @jan2,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We verified that the configuration file is not writable by the CouchDB server. I’ll forward this information to our team so they can evaluate it and make the necessary changes in the solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @jan2

Thanks so much for reporting this issue! We were able to reproduce it.

It seems the error is related with a tool, ini-file, we’re using to manipulate ini configuration files. This tool has a bug and it doesn’t respect the original file permissions. We’re working on having a fix for this ASAP.

In the meantime, you can workaround the issue by running the command below:

sudo chown -R couchdb:couchdb /opt/bitnami/couchdb/etc/

We will notify you as soon as we release a new version of the CouchDB single VM addressing this issue.

Best Regards,

Juan Ariza

Hi @jan2

I just wanted to let you know that we released a new version of CouchDB (3.0.0-6) including the fix on ini-file so you shouldn’t experience this issue anymore with this new version.

It’s already available in the Bitnami Launchpad for Google:

It could take some days for Google to publish this new version in their marketplace.

Thanks so much for reporting this issue!

Best regards,

Juan Ariza

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.