The IP which I was working at, in that IP the case types are gone now. Means the example cases plus the newly created case have disappeared. Why is this so ? I have been working on another deployment for the last week, and have added several case types. If I change the baseurl in the production site up and running and accessible using the IP, then what would happen ? Ideally I should see the case types at the IP as well. Sorry for non-techie words, I am new to this world.
That is strange but looks like a specific issue to the application. If you restore the domain to the previous value does it work?
If you describe a step-by-step instruction for reproducing it, we could try to investigate more about it.
The page still shows a System Status: Error
We've been able to reproduce this issue. It's happening due to the cron job not configured properly. If you click on it you will get all the details.
In order to fix it you must edit the crontab file:
sudo crontab -e
The crontab currently looks like this:
* * * * * su bitnami -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php /opt/bitnami/apps/civicrm/htdocs/sites/all/modules/civicrm/bin/cli.php" #civicrm-cron
But instead it should be like this (replace CMSUSER and CMSPASS with CiviCRM credentials):
* * * * * su bitnami -s /bin/sh -c "/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php /opt/bitnami/apps/civicrm/htdocs/sites/all/modules/civicrm/bin/cli.php -e Job -a execute -u CMSUSER -p CMSPASS" #civicrm-cron
Regarding that IP access, when I try going here: http://IP/civicrm/a/#/status, I see a blank page same as the Civicase blank page. I mean this has also disappeared. but this page is accessible using that domain https://drupal.tech4goodfellows.org/civicrm/a/#/status
If you want to access that page only via your IP you must configure the civicrm.settings.php script like below (replace IP with your IP):
define ( 'CIVICRM_UF_BASEURL', 'https://IP' );
But CiviCRM may not work at more than one base URL (e.g. yourdomain.com and IP at the same time).
The sub-domain I have mapped ( I installed a fresh one for testing) now shows the 2 case types default examples which I was earlier seeing at the IP itself. In addition, I also see the new one created. This is what I wanted at the end, But the system status still shows Error which was not the case earlier when I deployed for the first time. The only thing i did after deployment was to create a new case, and I start getting this system status as Error at both the IP and my sub-domain.
As mentioned before, the system status error is a bug in the CiviCRM installation. I created an internal task for fixing it but unfortunately cannot provide an ETA for when we'll start checking this.
In the meantime you can fix it by checking the steps I described above.