Chown to bitnami:daemon will get trouble with some plugins and themes

Keywords: WordPress - Google Cloud Platform - Technical issue - Permissions
bnsupport ID: bb29b451-f1c9-50f7-3ab9-3d4b1868d31d
Description:
while following the guide for Filesystem Permissions to chown to bitnami:daemon, some plugins and themes will not be able to access…
All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/.htaccess file
Updating ExS Pro theme…Update failed: Download failed. Forbidden
Any suggestion…
Thanks

Hello @mubiesam,

Could you take a look at this documentation?
https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/apps/wordpress-pro/administration/understand-file-permissions/

Regards

Hi @davidg

Thanks for your reply.

The link you provided is exactly the guide I followed to

sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon TARGET

Anyway, I had removed All-in-One WP Migration, it’s no long a problem.

Thanks

Ok @mubiesam,

Just to make it clear for the community, the exact commands you should run are:

sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon /opt/bitnami/wordpress
sudo find /opt/bitnami/wordpress -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/wordpress -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;
sudo chmod 640 /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-config.php

Regards

1 Like

Hi @davidg

Sorry to bother you again.

I had followed to enter all 4 lines of command, but when activating All-in-One WP Migration, still got errors…

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/.htaccess file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/web.config file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.php file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

All-in-One WP Migration is not able to create /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ai1wm-backups/index.html file. Try to change permissions of the parent folder or send us an email at support@servmask.com for assistance.

Any suggestion…
Thanks

Hi @mubiesam,

Could you share a new support tool ID to verify that the permissions under /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ai1wm-backups are correct?

Regards

here it is…74a2bf7e-52a8-537d-400c-576b1b15ea7a

Thanks

Hi @mubiesam,

Could you try these commands?

sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon /bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/
sudo find /bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /bitnami/wordpress/wp-content/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi @davidg

Yes, it help, all the errors are gone.