Changing the default prestashop theme

Keywords: PrestaShop - Google Cloud Platform - How to - Application configuration

Description:
Hello there,

I have installed “PrestaShop packaged by Bitnami” with Google Cloud and I’m struggling finding the actual directory of the prestashop app in my installation

I need to change some files in the theme directory.

Could you help me finding documentation about this topic.

In the most cases the directory /opt/bitnami is called, but I don’t have such directory.

I attach details of my installation.

Version: 1.7.7-7-1
Operating System: Debian 10
Package contents: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) 1.7.0 , Apache utilities (APR) 1.6.1 , Apache 2.4.48 , ModSecurity 3.0.5 , ModSecurity Apache Connector 0.20201020.0 , mod_pagespeed library 1.13.35-2 , mod_pagespeed_ap24 library 1.13.35-2 , Apache PageSpeed Module 1.13.35-2 , MariaDB 10.2.40 , IMAP 2007.0.0 , PECL APC User Cache 5.1.20 , PHP 7.3.29 , PECL PHP driver for Mcrypt 1.0.4 , PECL PHP driver for Imagick 3.5.1 , libmemcached 3.1.5 , libmaxminddb 1.6.0 , MaxMind DB Reader PHP API 1.10.1 , PECL PHP driver for MongoDB 1.10.0 , PECL PHP driver for Xdebug 3.0.4 , Composer 2.1.5 , phpMyAdmin 5.1.1 , Varnish 6.5.1 , vmod-querystring 2.0.2 , Gonit 0.2.4 , PrestaShop 1.7.7-7 , Bnsupport Tool 0.9.12 , gosu 1.14.0 , Bncert Tool 0.6.3 , ini-file 1.4.0 , render-template 1.0.0

Thanks in advance.

FVA

Hi @fermovalcan,

Thanks for using Bitnami! Please find my comments below.

In the most cases the directory /opt/bitnami is called, but I don’t have such directory.

It is weird you are using one of our images and you are missing this directory. Can you double check you are running the commands in your server SSH session and not in your local computer by mistake?

Regarding the customization of the Prestashop application itself, we recommend you to ask in the official forums for this. The installation directory for Prestashop is /opt/bitnami/prestashop

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/

Could you help me finding documentation about this topic.

Can you share with us the guide you are referring to?

Thanks for your quick response @gongomgra!

I installed Prestashop packaged by Bitnami in the Google Cloud Platform, and I’m using the Cloud Shell terminal, so the option of having the session in my local machine is invalid.

I’m using this documentation https://docs.bitnami.com/google/apps/prestashop/

In the directory /opt I only see the following folders, could you help me to understand where is located my prestashop app.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

FVA

Hi @fermovalcan,

Thanks for the info. I took a look at the Google cloud shell docs and I think you are not directly connected to your instance’s terminal, but to a different Google service. Can you take a look to our guide on how to SSH connect with your Bitnami server?

https://docs.bitnami.com/google/faq/get-started/connect-ssh/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.