Can't seem to run tool

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Something has changed with bitnami support tool. Can’t find it. Can’t run it. Can’t log an issue because haven’t got support tool.

Seems getting help with bitnami has become next to impossible. Why?

Okay, found it. There is seriously confusing documentation over bitnami support tool and bitnami diagnostic tool. I think you need to sort this out.

That said, still can’t upload the support tool results “automatic upload to bitnami servers failed”. Again, I think you need to sort this out. Takes a lot of time just to try and figure out how to log a problem. Half day wasted and still not progressed.

Hello @kevin8,

We have indeed recently renamed our tool from bnsupport->bndiagnostic. We are sorry you had some problems related to this process. We updated our documentation and added a note to warn users at the top, which is also linked in the info about the tool when creating a new “Technical Issue” ticket. There is indeed a couple of mentions to bnsupport left that are already planned to be changed.

If you are having problems executing the tool, please make sure you have the latest version, downloading it from the linked guide above if necessary. Apart from that, stop all the processes before running the tool:

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop
sudo /opt/bitnami/bndiagnostic-tool

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

I have installed and run the new tool bndiagnostic

And have downloaded the report zip

Because it failed to upload to bitnami servers.

I’ll try the stop option.

I really need to fix this 504 error. It’s driving me nuts and interfering with workflow.

K

Your documentation note needs to be more specific:

Instead of:
On older installations the Bndiagnostic tool is called the Bnsupport tool (/opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool ). If that is your case we recommend installing the latest version of the bndiagnostic tool following the steps described below.

Try:
This tool replaces the Bnsupport tool …

Replaces is very important because I went looking for bnsupport tool and did not find anywhere that the new tool is a replacement.

Hello @kevin8,

The change we performed was a renaming of the tool, with it now been called bndiagnostic-tool instead of bnsupport-tool. That makes the command to call the tool to change /opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool -> /opt/bitnami/bndiagnostic-tool, but the tool continues to be exactly the same, that is why we refer to the change as a renaming instead of a replacement.

We’ll study updating the wording on the documentation, thanks fro the feedback!

Regards,
Francisco de Paz