Can't access to Open Project from the web browser host

Keywords: OpenProject - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: f5b9aed9-87d4-05d4-0678-2f0816abe114
Description:
Hi:
I downloaded the .OVA image, and mount it in VirtualBox 6.0.10 on Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64. When you run the virtual machine for the first time, without changing any network settings (bridge adapter), the message “The machine could not configure the network interface” appears in the yellow letters of the “Initial screen” of the virtual machine instead of the IP adress.
I changed the network settings to “NAT”, and on the “Initial screen” says “You can access the application at IP 10.0.2.15”. When I try to access through my Chrome web browser, I get the error message “This website cannot be accessed.” I have read most of the documentation that you have but I have not been able to enter the application. Please beg your help. I thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @rclaros,

Sorry to hear that. Could you please remove that VM and create a new one with more resources (for example 4GB of RAM) just to ensure that it’s not a problem with the resources of the VM?

Thanks

Hi jota:
Thanks you very much for your answer, i increased the ram to 4096 MB. I still cant access to application, and i tried with “bridge adapter” and “NAT” (and get the same result like previous comment), no IP with bridge adapter, and i get an IP with NAT but still cant access to aplication. Im triying to connect to IP 10.0.2.15.
Regards.

Thanks for the information @rclaros. Our team will continue taking a look at this and will update this thread as soon as we have more information or questions

Hi @rclaros,

If you use NAT network configuration, the only way to access services inside the VM is to create a port forwarding. You can read more about that here.

In order to do that in VirtualBox, right click on the VM > Settings > Network > Advanced and click on Port Forwarding, and create a forwarding rule like the following one:

After that you can access your application at port 8080.

In any case, it would be great if you could debug your issue using Bridge adapter. For that, could you run these commands?

sudo /etc/init.d/networking force-reload
ip route get 1
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.