Cannot renew LetsEncrypt certificate

Keywords: WordPress Multisite - AWS - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
bnsupport ID: 3c4198ef-6d55-1576-e274-368cbc3217f6
Description:
Hello,

When I try and run and the steps mentioned here - https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/generate-install-lets-encrypt-ssl/ . It gives me error that key or the email id doesn’t exist

The support tool key is - 3c4198ef-6d55-1576-e274-368cbc3217f6

Hi @ananddevops,

I can see you have a valid certificate right now so you are probably using wrong information when renewing the cert. Run these commands to renew the info

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop
sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --tls --email="*****abrata25@gmail.com" --domains="******vatory.online" --domains="www.******vatory.online" --path="/opt/bitnami/letsencrypt" renew --days 90
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start

Note: I removed some chars from your email address and domains, you will need to fill that info

@jota Indeed, I was using the incorrect email id. Thank you so much for the solution.

Perfect! :tada:

Remember to generate and configure the renew-certificate.sh script so the certificate is renewed automatically in the future

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/generate-install-lets-encrypt-ssl/#step-5-renew-the-lets-encrypt-certificate

@jota yes that’s what I am going to next. I had a query though, if the renewal script fails for some reason, will I get an email at the registered email id, with the cert?

Note that the cron job will try to renew the certificate every night but it will only renew it if the certificate expires in less than 30 days. If it fails the first night, it’ll retry the next one and so on. If the expiration date is near and the cron job didn’t succeed, you will get an email from Let’s Encrypt telling you that the certificate is going to expire soon and you will need to review the process.

@jota great. That covers it.
Thank you for clarifications and resolutions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.