Cannot reach Wordpress website intermittently, mysql space filling up rapidly

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Website is super fast when it works. Sometimes it just decides to not load and/or give 524 error. The mysql.bin process tends to be at 30% memory when this happens. I also noticed that the mysql data folder was huge (40 GB) when the site itself only has 20 GB and the database really isn’t that big. I ended up changing my.cnf to be only a few hours for the logs, and it’s still big, but not filling up the drive all the way anymore.

Hello @jporozynski,

This is not an issue related to bnsupport tool, this is a technical issue. Please open a new ticket as Technical Issue instead of Bitnami Support Tool:

Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 10.05.30

Regards

1 Like

Funny you should mention it, a technical issue request requires a bnsupport tool code, but mine only runs the tool and doesn’t give a code. :-/
The first time, it said I needed to upload manually,
The second time and third time, it simply ended and gave “press enter to return…” with no code,
The fourth time, it said -unable to alloc 161553819 bytes.

Here are some images to go along with that.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Hi @jporozynski,

We didn’t know you had a problem with the Bitnami Support Tool and that’s why @davidg asked you to create the other type of ticket.

Regarding the Bitnami Support Tool issue, it seems your machine is running out of RAM memory and that’s why it can’t create/upload the package. Could you please confirm that?

free -m

You can also stop the services and run the tool to check if that works

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh stop
sudo /opt/bitnami/bnsupport-tool
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh start

You probably have a plugin/theme that is using the database intensively and that’s why it has so much data. You can either decrease the hours you keep the logs or completely delete the binlog files from the database.

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/infrastructure/mysql/troubleshooting/disable-binary-logging-mysql/

Still happening. Here’s the output of that command.
I’ve already taken the logs down to one day.

I stopped the services but it is taking a long time to run the tool. It’s been going for over 20 minutes now. Is that normal?
Screenshot attached.

@jota @davidg I finally got the bnsupport file. how do I get it to you? I can’t figure out how to send a private message.

What’s the output of these commands?

cd /opt/bitnami
du -h -d 1

Was the file uploaded to the Bitnami servers? In that case, you just need to paste the ID here.

It was not uploaded. I have a link I can send.

Hi @jporozynski,

You got permission denied errors, please use sudo when running the du command

cd /opt/bitnami
sudo du -h -d 1

Here is the output. For the record, I got sick of dealing with it and migrated the site to a new instance (same size) and I’m getting the same problem. Something’s goofing with the database I’m sure!

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 10.45.45 AM

New Instance, same website:
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.38.31 AM