Cannot create new topic after pasting bnsupport-tool number

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Same as Cannot create new topic after pasting bnsupport-tool code

46f10e45-ccd3-b5e0-16b8-b950e220e83c

Hi, I am running Wordpress NGINX SSL Version 5.7.1-1

I have not updated since Version 5.7.1-3 that migrated from MySQL to MariaDB.

I am running on AWS an Amazon RDS Aurora MySQL and PostgreSQL compatible database on a reserved Aurora MySQL instance that is expiring in 1005 days :slight_smile:

Will it be possible to do an update to the newest version using same Aurora MySQL database?

Please advise

Hello @AbsoluGroupe,

Yes, you will be able to update Wordpress without issues. Wordpress supports both MySQL and MariaDB and you will still be using your external database so there shouldn’t be any problems.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Hi,

Let me phrase this another way.

I verified this is the stack that I am running:

Version 5.6.2-0 2021-02-22

• Updated MySQL to 8.0.23
  • Updated OpenSSL to 1.1.1j
  • Updated PHP to 7.4.15
  • Updated WordPress to 5.6.2

At this version Bitnami switched from MySQL to MariaDB:

Version 5.7.1-3 2021-05-06

• Migrated DB to MariaDB
  • Updated MariaDB to 10.4.18
  • Updated NGINX Open Source to 1.20.0
  • Updated PHP to 7.4.18
  • Updated SQLite to 3.35.5

I want to update the stack to this version:

Version 5.8-0 2021-07-28

• Updated MariaDB to 10.4.20
  • Updated NGINX Open Source to 1.21.1
  • Updated PHP to 7.4.21
  • Updated SQLite to 3.36.0
  • Updated Varnish to 6.0.8
  • Updated WordPress to 5.8

Since the stack was modified from MySQL to MariaDB and I am using for auto-scaling reasons AWS Aurora MySQL Will I be able to update the stack to the latest version and continue using AWS Aurora MySQL?

Or will I have to swallow the jagged pill (lose the reserved instance) and start a new non reserved Amazon relational data base MariaDB instance?

I know that I can update WordPress with my existing Bitnami stack that is not the question.

Please advise.

Hello @AbsoluGroupe,

Ok so, if you are migrating your application files creating and restoring a backup to a new instance, you shouldn’t have any issues regarding your database as it is an external one. Your current WP configuration defines the used database as your external one and that won’t change after the stack update. I hope that answers your question, do not doubt to rephrase again if not.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.