Keywords: LAMP/MAMP/WAMP - AWS - Technical issue - Domain Name (DNS)
First time using Lightsail and lamp stack provided by bitnami.
I have an instance already setup using VestaCP and its running well, except for the fact that the LetsEncrypt of Vesta CP is broken since the past 3 months with no fix in sight.
So i decided to give the LAMP stack a try.
Domain is simpleflow.in. DNS is managed by goDaddy.
I can access simpleflow.in, but not www.simplflow.in
- I have an A record that points to lightsail Instance's ip
- I have a CNAME entry in the records that points www to '@'
I have an A record that points 'app' to lightsail Instance's ip, dnschecker shows the ip
but I cant access app.simpleflow.in, coz apache doesn't know how to forward it?
I'm endlessly looking for guides on how to add sub domains and haven't been able to figure out yet.
Bitnami has documentation
- Creating Custom App: [https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/infrastructure/lamp/administration/create-custom-application-php/]
I couldn't do this as from shell (user:bitnami) i cannot write to the "app" folder in the bitnami application.
- Adding virtual hosts: [https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/infrastructure/lamp/configuration/configure-custom-application/]
This is a continuation to the previous one, hence could not be done.
All i want is that
1. mydomain.com points to the website I've made.
2. app.mydomain.com points to the app that I've made.
I tried adding virtual host to /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
CustomLog "logs/app.simpleflow.in-access_log" common
I also enabled vhosts in /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
I can do a work around placing the website files in the apache2/htdocs folder and the app files in apache2/htdocs/app folder.
But the i have to access the app by mydomain.com/app instead of app.mydomain.com
Could really use someone's help on this. I'm not so great with server side of things.
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm not using any "app" like wordpress etc. Just a plain on core php application made in php 5.6