Can´t install module

Keywords: PrestaShop - AWS - Technical issue - Permissions
Description:
i purchased a module: ph simple blog but i cant install on bitnamio prestashop 1.7.6.1 i tried with another server (not AWS) and works fine, i think that is a permissions issue, my folders are in 755 and my files in 644 but i think when i try to install the module, bitnami stack doest allow to create or modify files or folders, i dont know, can anyone help me? thanks

Here are the erros from debug :

Hi @oscar.garcia.alarcon,

We have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

How to Run the Bitnami Support Tool

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

Hopefully, in some of the logs, there will be a permission error pointing to the specific folder.

thanks for the response, here is my ID 563d4e4d-54c7-aff6-5469-56001c74b705

Thanks for sending the file. The error I see in the screenshoots is that you don’t have permissions to deactivate the plugin, so it should be already installed isn’t it? Or that is the error you get during the first installation?

I don’t see any specific error in the logs about file permissions so maybe is something else.

yes, i get that error during installation, when i upload the module, if it’s not about permissions what it should be?
thanks

I would try recovering the original PrestaShop permissions just in case:

sudo chown -R bitnami:daemon /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/

sudo chmod 775 /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/themes
sudo chmod 775 /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/admin/import

sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/config -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/cache -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/var/logs -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/app/config -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/var/cache -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/img -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/mails -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/modules -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/themes/classic/assets -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/translations -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/upload -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/download -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

sudo find /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/htdocs/sitemap.xml -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;

Also, I suspect it can be a .htaccess issue. In Bitnami .htaccess files are disabled for security and performance reasons. You can see more info here.
Just to verify it, I would modify the apache config to allow regular htaccess files and see if that helps. For that, you need to change:

AllowOverride None

to

AllowOverride All

in the file /opt/bitnami/apps/prestashop/conf/httpd-app.conf.

After the change, please check apache syntax with apachectl -t and restart the service with this command:

sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache

Thank you very much it worked!! it seems that was the htaccess conf. Thanks again

I am glad it worked!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.