Build and deploy custom module in Liferay 7.2

Keywords: Liferay - AWS - How to - Other
Description:
demo Liferay stack working , however i need to add my custom OSGI modules to deploy , is that possible how Liferay DXP Cloud offering , create a new build by getting the modules from GIthub use commands add and commit, then deploy to the environment. this is how it is helpful just getting liferay stack on cloud doesn’t help

Hi @nzsoori,

The Liferay’s files are inside the opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps/liferay directory. You can follow the Liferay’s documentation to deploy a custom application on Liferay but taking into account that the server’s files are in the folder I mentioned.

I hope this helps

do you see any deploy folder in /opt/bitnami ?image

can you able show me what is the folder structure , i need to find deploy folder

Hi @nzsoori,

If you check the Liferay’s configuration file /opt/bitnami/apache-tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties, you can see where the deploy folder is

auto.deploy.deploy.dir=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/deploy

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Thanks jota, can you confirm is below property is right in portal-ext.properties
module.framework.base.dir=/opt/bitnami/apps/liferay/data/osgi

Hi @nzsoori,

Bitnami packages and configures already existing applications. However, we can only offer support and help on basic and most frequent application configurations. Always based on the default configuration or on our guides.

We suggest you to post your question on the official support forums of the application to know if you configured the application correctly to use your custom module.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.