Keywords: WordPress - AWS - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
Issue: “the public IP address for this machine could not be detected. A public IP address will be required for Let’s Encrypt to verify that your domains point to this machine. Do you want to proceed anyways? [y/N]:”
What I’ve done:
- Checked community related posting with no resolution. Many similar topics, which did help, but nothing I found solved my issue.
- Ran dig +short on domain and public IP and both resolved. I also checked several DNS lookup sites and all resole to the correct public IP.
- Disassociated and re-associated my EIP in AWS
Where I think problem might be: /etc/hosts reads:
The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
127.0.0.1 [ip-private IP of my AMI] # bitnami-hosts-patch
- The last line is pointing to my internal IP on AWS. So I tried changing it after reading a previous post. Changed to my public IP and my domain name. Both efforts drive an error when running bncert-tool , “sudo: unable to resolve host ip-[private AWS AMI IP]
- I sort of feel this is where the issue lies but not sure how to resolve as prior efforts failed.
Any direction is much appreciated.