Bncert-tool admin email

Keywords: WordPress - AWS - Technical issue - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)
Description:
Hello,

I am running WordPress on AWS Lightsail. I was trying to setup the automatic renewals for LetsEncrypt using bncert-tool. By accident I entered the wrong email address during the process. I recognized immediately and restarted. However, now I can not enter or change the email address. I cant find where the configuration files are or figure out how to reset or change it.

Can anyone help?

Hi @AwkDenver,

You can run the bncert-tool again to generate new SSL certificates with the correct email address. If the tool asks you to revoke the current certificates, please follow this guide

https://docs.bitnami.com/aws/how-to/understand-bncert/#manually-revoking-an-existing-certificate

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I did not finish the renewal process because I aborted as soon as I entered the incorrect email. When I rerun the tool, it does not prompt me to enter the email address again so I can fix the error. I have tried over a dozen times.

To me, this means the incorrect email address has been saved somewhere, even though the process never finished. Thus the tool does not think it need to ask me again. I have even tried with the --email flag to change it but that did not work either.

Is there a way to reset the state to default or clear the partial configuration that has been done so far?

Hi @AwkDenver,

I just revoked the SSL certificate following the guide I posted and I could generate new certificates with my other email address. Please note that when revoking your current certificates, you need to use the wrong email address (the same one you set when generating the certificate). If you have any issue, we have a Support Tool that will gather relevant information for us to analyze your configuration and logs. Could you please execute it on the machine where the stack is running by following the steps described in the guide below?

Please note that you need to paste the code ID that is shown at the end.

I was able to revoke the certificate and create a new one. It seems to be okay. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.