It is a novice question cos so am I in website creation.
I installed Microsoft Webmatrix and it is simple to use for installing Wordpress locally. But as its support is ending in Nov'17 so I started to look on for alternatives.
Finally, the ones I could get installed and running are Xampp and Bitnami Wamp stack (solving all port issues etc). But I have my queries here to be clarified by experts.
- What exactly is the difference between the two as Bitnami modules are offered on both? (though I see Xampp is 32-bit only for windows)
- It says Xampp now comes with only MariaDb. Does Bitnami Wamp stack supports MariaDb or only MySql? (I could check MongoDb and PostGreSql via modules)
- Running multiple Wordpress sites (not multisite) on Webmatrix was just a click work. Is it the same on these both using Bitnami Wordpress module? (question for both Xampp and Bitnami Wamp stack)
- There is a separate Bitnami module for Wordpress Multisite. Why is that? Can I not simply enable multisite by adding that small code in normal Bitnami Wordpress module? (question for both Xampp and Bitnami Wamp stack)
- Which stack among the both is easier to publish the site created locally on hosting server?
- Is it true that many code pieces/files are hidden in Bitnami Wordpress Module?
- I read that it is painful to run multiple instances of Drupal using Bitnami Modules. Though it is not my immediate requirement but still need clarification for long term usage of Stack.
Will add if any more questions come up in my mind.
Thanks in advance.