Bitnami Virtual Machine with VirtualBox : locked in SetupWizard [Jenkins] at the first run

Keywords: Jenkins - Virtual Machines - Technical issue - Other
bnsupport ID: f7807eda-df6a-9591-c6f9-1cff91f2ba71
Description:
Dear all,
I have inport an appliance of Bitnami Jenkins virtual machine in the virtual box of my desktop computer. Everything works great, I have activated ssh connection witch is working to. But when I connect to Jenkins through a web Browser (Chromium Version 72.0.3626.96 (Developer Build) built on Debian 9.8, running on Debian 9.8 (64-bit)), the logging interface appear and stay locked in connection wizard just after the login.
Someone has already sew something like that?
Thank you for your attention.
Best regards.

Hi @larznort,

We install and configure Jenkins to work out-of-the-box so you only need to use the user and password our solutions generate to access the application. In this case, Jenkins shows you a second wizard during the first login that allows the user to select the different plugins to install and the hostname information, is that the wizard you are getting? If so, that’s completely normal and we want to let you know that you will have the application fully operative after passing this really short wizard.

Let us know if you are getting a different wizard instead of the one I mentioned. In that case, it’d be really helpful if you share a screenshot with us.

Happy to help!

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Hi,
Thank you for the answer!
Actually, after the login I just have a loading page that does not change at all. I have test the access from Chromium and from Firefox. “SetupWizard [Jenkins]” is visible in the tab name.

Regards

Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of the Chrome Web Inspector. I’m sure that some errors will appear

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I don’t see anything in the browser console, but I’m not very used to the browser developers tools.

Regards

Hi,

This is very strange. What about the networking tab? Could you reload and see what requests it makes?

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

Hi,

It seems that there is continuously a lot of query which seems not have any answer.

Hi again,

After rebooting I had a connection refused error in a request. Did you know how I can fix it ?

Thank you for your attention

Hi,

This is strange, it is getting connection refused errors. That means that the VM is not running. It seems to me that maybe the browser is caching some data. Could you make sure that:

• The VM is running
  • There is no cached data (ctrl + shift + R)

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

Hi !

Thank you for your answer.

I try it without success:

• VM console opened on Bitnami welcome page next to my browser to ensure that the VM is running
  • Clear all browsing data from all time in chromium

Jenkins is still blocked in the SetupWizard after the login page…

Do you have other ideas?

Regards,
Antoine

Hi,

And this time, there are no errors in the console, right? And of course the same issue happens with a different browser, am I correct?

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

Hi,

Yes it’s exactly that. I think I have a track that could explain the problem. My PC is relatively new and the drivers for the ethernet are not available on Debian 9. It makes me use an USB/ethernet adapter to be connected to the network.
On Virtualbox, my VMs have full access to internet in NAT mode, but have restricted access in Bridge mode. In fact, in bridge, ping 8.8.8.8 and wget www.google.com work great, but an apt-get install stay locked at 0% download (and not in NAT). Even if I put the bridge in full access, and with different simulated ethernet cards. I guess some port or others are closed in bridge mode which does not allow Jenkins to finish it initialization state… I do not see such problems on virtual box forum.

Best regards,
Antoine

Hi

I’m not sure if it would solve the problem, but at least it could partially confirm what you say. Are you able to create a reverse tunnel and access the page when using NAT?

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón

1 Like

That was indeed my network card that was not enough recognized by my computer. Forcing manufacturers driver works !

Hi,

Awesome! If you find any other issues, do not hesitate to open a new ticket :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Javier J. Salmerón