Bitnami LMS Moodle in a failed state, MariaDB did not start, missing data?

Keywords: Moodle - AWS - Technical issue - Upgrade
bnsupport ID: 1b3b744f-3fc4-1b3e-3c77-493a10682869
Description:
Hi,

I tried to upgrade my moodle installation on an EC2 instance using the advice here, however after doing so my mariadb is failing to start. In the logs I can see

InnoDB: Cannot open ‘/bitnami/mariadb/data/ib_buffer_pool.incomplete’ for writing: No such file or directory

When I navigate to /opt/bitnami//mariadb there is “data” but it isn’t a directory, it’s an empty file. I’m not sure what has happened to get into this state, and I’m hoping somebody can shed some light as to how to resolve this, because without it, my bitnami service won’t run and hence attempting to restart the moodle services is also falling down.

I removed the moodle.backup directory from /opt/bitnami once I had copied stuff across, is there a chance that something has been mistakenly deleted elsewhere?

Thanks,

Hello @paul.hands,

Welcome to the Bitnami community! The directory at /opt/bitnami//mariadb/data is a symlink pointing to /bitnami/mariadb/data. Could you please share with us the output of the following commands:

ls -la /bitnami/mariadb/data/
tail -60 /opt/bitnami/mariadb/logs/mysqld.log

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.