Hello @gongomgr ,
I suspect it has to do with trying to use a subdomain. I tried using marketing.inn.ventures & www.marketing.inn.ventures but the second domain may have caused a problem.
I didn't get any errors the first time. After not being able to find the issue, I decided to follow the alternative approach within the same guide and noticed that Lego wasn't installed previously so it was installed and then I was able to find the certificates in the lego folder.
I think followed the guide to create an auto-renew script which I hope is working.
While I was able to finally get the SSL up and running, I thought I would also point this issue out to you incase your Lego configuration script needed to be modified to allow sub-domains (if that was the cause of the problem).
Running the command you mentioned outputs these lines:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 23166656 Nov 5 17:17 lego
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec 2 01:54 scripts
drwx------ 3 root root 4096 Jan 20 22:07 accounts
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jan 20 22:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Jan 20 23:26 ..