Bash bitnami download error

Type: Bitnami Support Tool

Description:
Hello,

Right now I am trying to download the bitnami support tool using bash running in administration mode using these instructions: https://docs.bitnami.com/general/how-to/understand-bndiagnostic/

So far, I got as far as the command: “sudo chmod +x /opt/bitnami/bndiagnostic/bndiagnostic-linux-x64.run”

however, despite the fact I that I have the bndiagnostic-linux-x64.run in the C:\Bitnami\bndiagnostic\bndiagnostic-linux-x64.run directory, whenever I run

chmod +x C:\Bitnami\bndiagnostic\bndiagnostic-linux-x64.run

it gives the error message:

"chmod: cannot access ‘C:Bitnamibndiagnosticbndiagnostic-linux-x64.run’: No such file or directory
".

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @steerpikebusiness199

Thanks for using Bitnami!

It seems you are using a Windows Machine. Are you using one of our Native Installers for Windows (that is, did you install the application locally)? Or are you using a VirtualMachine/Cloud instance that you need to connect through SSH? What is the Bitnami Application you are using?

If it were the first case, the guide you should refer to in order to execute bndiagnostic is this one instead :slightly_smiling_face:

https://docs.bitnami.com/installer/how-to/understand-bndiagnostic/#windows

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

I tried that, but then ran into this error:

Is that the directory Bitnami WordPress is installed in? Could you please share a screenshot of its content?

Best regards,
Jose Antonio Carmona

Was my answer helpful? Click on :heart:

Yes, at least I think so. XD

Here is the content of my “wordpress-5.8-0”:

Hello @steerpikebusiness199,

That is really strange behavior. When you follow Linux steps, did you execute any commands besides trying the chmod one that could have affected the tool?

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

I think I ran gitbash in administrator mode… I also don’t have linux, I use Windows 10 home edition…

I rechecked this and there are several folders and files missing from your directory. It looks like an uninstallation was incorrectly performed and some folders were left behind. In any case, our Support Tool won’t be able to run in your stack, which makes our debug impossible.

I recommend you to save that folder as a backup in case there is relevant data and start anew with a new installation of our stack.

Regards,
Francisco de Paz

Yup, that’s because my first installation was improperly done and had to uninstall and reinstall the stack.

Should I just try redownloading the Create_a_pro_website stack? If so, where should I move the old Create_a_pro_website stack?

Maybe the Create_a_pro_website stack just inherently lacks key folders and files and I shouldn’t try to install from them again? Is there another stack you recommend I download that works well as a localhost instance?

From what you are saying, it seems you are using a third-party WordPress stack instead of the Bitnami WordPress one, is that right? In that case, it would be normal that our support doesn’t work, as it is tailored to Bitnami stacks.

If you are using or want to use our stacks, I recommend you to download the latest version and install it in a new directory:

https://bitnami.com/stack/wordpress/installer

Regards,
Francisco de Paz