AWS Redmine HTTPS & sub domain?

Keywords: Redmine - AWS - How to - Secure Connections (SSL/HTTPS)

Description:
Hey

I’m fairly… “new” to this HTTPS world. I have a subdomain (tracker.dariuszmakowski.com) that points to my redmine AWS instance (Thank you Bitnami for that AMI!). I was trying to configure the HTTPS on it for a while now, but I’m just too green with it…
Here is my console output>

sudo /opt/bitnami/bncert-tool
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Bitnami HTTPS Configuration tool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Domains

Please provide a valid space-separated list of domains for which you wish to
configure your web server.

Domain list []: tracker.dariuszmakowski.com

The following domains were not included: www.tracker.dariuszmakowski.com. Do you want to add them? [Y/n]: y

Warning: The domain 'www.tracker.dariuszmakowski.com' does not resolve, please
fix its DNS entries or remove it.

I’ve gone up n down, tried https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/tracker.dariuszmakowski.com, aws ip configuration, forwarding etc etc. I’m just out of ideas…
Any idea how can I configure it for my subdomain?
I configured my subdomain to point to this IP address using A Record TTL600 value.

Any help would be amazing.
Regards
Dariusz

The tool is complaining about the www domain, not the non-www one. As you can see, it’s not configured

https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/www.tracker.dariuszmakowski.com

If you do not want to use it, please do not add it when the tool asks for it.

Hello
Hmm, I don’t remember adding the www part tbh. I usually just type tracker.dariuszmakowski.com > Domain list []: tracker.dariuszmakowski.com The bncert tool adds the www by itself… I’ve gone now to domain record settings and added www.tracker.dariuszmakowski.com, maybe that will work?

Adding www to my record worked!!! Wohoooo!!

But I’m stuck at letsencryt email. I gave it my domain/email. But hes stuck and says that
Warning: Please enter a vaild email
my email is something@dariuszmakowski.com, why does he not accept it ? o.O do I need to give it google email or something?

Adding www worked, and email wise I was copying it in, once I typed it in it all worked!

All solved thank you so much Bitnami for this amazing tool!!! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.